Personally I just love shelves. Its so comforting to see the things I love around me as they spark memories and stories. On this small section of shelf in my kitchen I have;
1. The wedding present (plate) one of my best friends Shell gave me, it's called 'A Circle of Strength'
This family is a circle of strength and love.
With every birth and every union the circle grows.
Every joy shared adds more love.
Every crisis faced together
makes the circle stronger.
The Knott Family Est 1996
2. A block of wood that kind of looks like its cross (I thought I might put some eyes on him)
3. A Bird that I made. Happened to see one similar in a window and thought I would have a go at making it, felted and dyed wool myself.
4. A wooden tree I carved and painted
5. A beautiful little wooden owl
6. Bird house, cheap and cheerful7. My Kimono dolls made for a Uni project (pipecleaner,embroidery thread,wooden bead, felt and dyed fleece)
8. Postcards from the Steiner Store in Castlemaine