Thursday, November 26, 2009

I Want a Wife…do you?

I’m sorry I am having a bit of a moany moment after just washing my floors and the bathroom,putting on some washing and putting out the garbage at 12.30 at night.good_wife

Apart from the last three years I have been a full time stay at home mummy. It was grand.

At times I admit we struggled financially and there were days I was climbing the walls but overall it has been a very nice, happy time. I was one of those wives that did everything.

perfect wife 

Actually I will digress a bit here, I like being a woman, I like that I have more choices now because of what women have done before me, however what is with the idea now that just because we can do it all we have to do it all. I don’t want to mow the lawn, change a tyre, screw in new light bulbs atop ladders or wash the car. It’s not that I can’t (well I can’t change a tyre) it’s just I’M DOING ENOUGH ALREADY.

I remember reading somewhere that ‘Yes we can have it all, just not all at once”.

perfect wife2Yes, I did everything. House, garden, children, school, church. Entertainer, cook, designer,nurse, teller of stories, maker of toys, painter of walls, builder of decks, packer of bags…you get the picture.

But I’ve decided the guys have it good and I want a wife too!

housewife Someone to make sure I have clean socks (bra’s?) and undies and that they are actually put where they live. Someone to know where warranties, bills,appointments and school supplies can be found. Someone who notices that the fridge is growing alien life forms and that the sheets may be ready to walk themselves to the wash. 

over housewife2 Superwoman I am not, I’ve tried at time but have ended up as a quaking mess rocking in a corner somewhere muttering wildly about  lists of things to do. The problem is these Superwomen do exist, I know one or two, but I’m sure they are ADHD or they have some strange anomaly where they never sleep.

Sometimes I think we women have shot ourselves in the foot, it’s a fantasy we/I try to live up to that is only real in glossy magazines or the movies, it’s time for a reality check and to stop giving myself such a hard time.

husband Now hang on, this is more like it, hmmm I wonder how the man of the house would look in a nice floral pinny?

Not feeling so moany now!

No comments: