Saturday, November 7, 2009

My Place and Yours...Secret Weapon



I don't really know of anything that I do creatively that doesn't require scissors. However, I am constantly chasing them down one way or another. In one day I can go from five pair to none as the members of my household 'borrow' them to work on various projects such as making paper clothing for Littlest Pet Shop (Miss 11) to paper aeroplanes and cardboard forts (Master 8) and other more manly shed type occupations (The Man of the House). Not only do the normal everyday scissors go missing but even my material scissors have been sacreligiously used in attrocious ways cutting wire and glue filled card, needless to say they don't work so well after that....ahhh!
However, I have secretly purchased the above material scissors including pinking shears and have hid them in a top secret location that cannot be divulged to all but those with the highest clearance, this does not include my family!!!

9 comments:

marianedwardsdreamweaver said...

when my kids were little i had to hide my wiltshire self sharpening sewing scissors..i still have them & they're still the BEST!!

M* (Melanie) said...

Good move on hiding your new special weapons. I have had my sewing scissors for 18 years now. I am incredibly fond of them and get quite frustrated if they go walkabout. Scissors are like pens. They are never where they should be.

Ann said...

Ha Ha! I bet they'll find them though.

mybricole said...

Secret scissors - I love it! Good luck keeping them from the family.

Pip Lincolne said...

Feel free to email me the location. After all.. if you were kidnapped by gypsies, then you might want the location divulged to those you have left behind. Just so you know. I'm here for you. I will be your scissor advocate.

midge said...

repeat loudly after me...."NOT THE GOOD SCISSORS". say it loud, say it often even threaten them with the pointy end if need be (sorry, maybe that was a bit harsh)

the bashful owl said...

Why is it that scissors always go missing? Well done for hiding them away. They are a great secret weapon, if you can keep them secret

Redness said...

Haaaaaaaaa love your post ... they're the best secret weapon ;)

Quilary said...

nice to know I'm not the only one who hides the scissors from the 'scissor enemies'