Friday, November 6, 2009

Procrastination















The art of procrastination is one that I excel in. If there's something that I should be doing, you can be sure I will find a way of shimmying around it till I am left with no alternative but to stress myself out with looming deadlines.

Guess what...that's exactly what I'm doing now!

Yes, instead of actually doing my last drawing assignment for school, I'm blogging about it, what the?! I have spent the morning so far ignoring my rapidly deteriorating house and expanding washing pile to photograph and blog my assignment rather than actually doing it. Not logical whatsoever.


This piece is called 'Hope is the Thing with Feathers' from a poem by Emily Dickenson.



It goes,
Hope is the thing with feathers,
That perches on the soul
and sings the song without the words
and never stops at all,
and sweetest in the gale is heard;
and sore that must be the storm
that could abash the little bird,
that kept so many warm.
I've heard it in the chillest land
and on the strangest sea.
But, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.

Used myself for photo reference, I like some bits of the scroll other bits dodgy. Approximately four meters.
Water colour, ink, charcoal with a gold thread stitched under the poem.

Master 8 is home sick and I have till Monday to put my portfolio together and hand in, we have a huge weekend ahead plus finishing of sets for our school play(bigger than Ben Hur). AHHHHH! I don't want to do any of it, I just want to play (stamp of foot, pout).

Tanti over now back to reality, I will be a grown up and stop procrastinating...in a minute!

2 comments:

m.e (Cathie) said...

wow, what a fabulous form of procrastination!!! that is beautiful.

Kylie @ alittlereddress said...

I love this! What course are you studying?