Friday, November 13, 2009

Softies for Mirabel

Two of the most pleasant things in the world for me are being creative and giving to others, so when I get to do both at the same time I’m can’t be happier.

This year I am involved in two projects that get to indulge my two loves, Softies for Mirabel and The Toy Society.

Softies for Mirabel is a Christmas toy drop put together by the lovely Pip over at Meet Me at Mikes, Mirabel is a wonderful organisation that supports the children of families affected by substance abuse.

Izzy  Please meet ‘Izzy’ she will flying her way to join her other softie friends at Mikes. If you would like to be a part of this great cause you can find more information at the link above.

The Toy Society spreads the love throughout the streets of the world. Nothing to it really just a bunch of handmade toys looking for a nice home.
What started as a small street art project in Australia is slowly spreading around the world.

The idea is to make a toy then leave it for someone to find, more information can be found at the above link.

I have made a very simple little toy for the drop, her name is ‘Beary Bear’, I will post some photo’s of the drop later, I’m not completely sure where I will do it yet, to be continued…

softies 003 Izzy and Beary Bear

1 comment:

marianedwardsdreamweaver said...

OOOHHH Izzy owl..i LOVE her!! and her little mate beary bear's a cutie too..