Thursday, November 5, 2009

Unfinished Business...



I don't know about you but I perpetually have half finished projects hanging around. Either I don't have the time or space to finish them or I'm not sure where I'm going with them until inspiration hits and a burst of creative energy surges forth. Well I have been surging all afternoon!





This project was started a good year and a half ago with an attempt at felting a large enough piece of felt to use as a rug, not so easy. I did end up with a fairly large piece, however I wouldn't call it perfect by a long shot, evenso I thought I would persist and include some dry felting and was inspired at the time by the work of Gustave Klimt and his curly trees and bright colours. I have a little tree and bird crush so that was my basic inspiration.











The birds and trees were added about six months ago and then I kind of didn't know what to do next, but as I was making a cardboard robot for Mr 8 this afternoon and trying to avoid doing my last drawing assignment I spotted my wool pile and crochet hook and inspiration started pinging off the inside of my head!






Sooo...as you can see below I have made little woollen flowers to adorn my curly tree, so pretty and the colours remind me of Gilato, yummy!


They are now pinned to the felt and await a sewing bug to bite, ooh I think I was just bitten!

No comments: