Wednesday, November 18, 2009

An update for ‘Mirabel’

I seem to be on a bit of a roll today, I am finishing projects all over the place. Beary bear is ready to go for the Toy Society, I fixed the drooping springs of my nanna’s chair by replacing the webbing (very scary, antique, and using a staple gun run by an air compressor!!!), and I have just finished writing a story and illustrating it for the ‘Softies for Mirabel’ toy drive.

the night owl copy I was thinking about the child that might receive my little owl and I couldn’t help but think of my own children. My daughter is very much a night owl and has always found it hard to go to sleep which is why I came up with the idea of The Night Owl story to accompany my softie.

It goes:

Hello, my name is Izzy and I am a Night Owl.

We night owls are awake when everyone else is asleep.

Sometimes the night can be scary or lonely,

But it’s always better if you have someone to snuggle.

So if you can’t get sleep or you wake up in the middle of the night,

I will be right here beside you.Izzy So off you go Izzy.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

She is lovely. Such pretty colours is Izzy the Night Owl she'll make a wee poppet very happy I am sure.

lisa stubbs said...

your owl is lovely! great minds think alike!:)