Thursday, November 12, 2009

Welcome little One’s

n1223144214_187875_5338[1] The days of my little ones being really little are over,( I will not cry*sob*), but I am fortunate to still be around those who are just beginning their journey of motherhood n1223144214_187873_4915[1]

and a little one is never so far away that I can’t have a regular cuddle.

Actually, when I really think about it, late night feeding, toilet training, never being able to finish a meal, craft project, wee…yeah I’m probably cool with that.

welcome flags joshua 007welcome flags levi 004However, over the past week or so, in our friendship circle, two new little blessings have entered the world and I have been busy making a personal welcome banner for both of them. So much fun, not to mention a grate way of escaping the heat, sitting under the air con and sewing.Yay!

Why is it that just when you sit down to sew everyone else wants to get creative, ‘Mummy can you just….’ humph!!!!

Miss Eleven is raiding my wool and my felting needles, (she has been eyeing off the Owl I am making for ‘Softies for Mirabel’…”Can you make me one too mummy…..Pleeeease”?), and the clever girl has just finished her very own lovely little owl. What a girl, welcome flags 015mummy is very proud!

Yep there are definite benefits to kids growing up!

2 comments:

yardage girl said...

Love your banners! Thanks for leaving a comment - you will love "Printing by Hand" - it's one of my favourite books - both lovely and practical. Let me know what you try out of it!

Kate said...

Thanks for this post. I am struggling with my girls not being babies any more and my boy wont let me have any more. he is ready to move on to the next stage but it is freaking me out. Reading your post has made me realise how nice it is to have a bit more time and how lucky I am to have babies around me still. Thanks. XX