Sunday, November 22, 2009

Your Place and Mine…Collections

Blue montage-1

I don’t know how I started to collect all things kitcheny and blue but I have a feeling it began with friends giving me blue plates. Since that time in the dim past my blueness has rubbed off onto tea towels, cups, even my pots and pans! I don’t really mind what colour blue but it seems powder/sky blue is in the majority, I think this might be a bit of a nostalgia thing being a child of the 70’s though I will stop at safari suits!! Oi!

Of course this is only one of many collections I have a bit of a thing for bags and shoes (what girl doesn’t), and don’t let me loose in an office supply,material,book or art store $$$$, very bad!

4 comments:

The Back Shed said...

What a pretty collection! Love the China.

Pip Lincolne said...

Oh I love the blue! It ties all your things together so nicely, even though they are a bit different! Clever collector you! x

Redness said...

Oh the blue is gorgeous ... yep I only skimmed the surface too with my collections ... isn't this fun?

lisa stubbs said...

love the blue kitchen collection, the top right pic is beautiful! and thanks for your lovely comment on my blog about future and technology, things have come a very long way in the past 90 years! :)