Sunday, November 29, 2009

Your Place and Mine…That's Nyoice, That's Different, that's Unewesyewl!

It's time for a new theme on My Place and Yours via Pip. The Theme Queen for this week is Toni from Little Suitcase. Her theme is 'That's nice, that's different, that's unusual*'... she puts it a little better and more authentically than I do, however! Read on....

Being the foxymoron that I am, I decided on the theme - That's nyoice, that's different, that's unewesyewl!*

Does your home have a quirky feature or several? Something you throw a strategically placed coat over if people are visiting or avoid telling the real estate agent about? You might be very proud of your house flaw. Maybe you have issues with plumbing, and give the Meryl Streep toilet speech from Mamma Mia, "Now about the toilet. If it doesn't flush right away, just go, then take a walk and...." with a hand wave.

 

Ok then….Tricky much? I have to admit that our home is a small three bedroom, 1960’s Conite totally non quirky house and it’s cream, all over, inside and out! Alright people move along nothing to see here….

Does anybody mind if I digress just a little because I can share other nyoice and unewesyewl  things that could really go under the collections banner, is that OK?

As a Graphic Designer you tend to have things your particularly fond of doing, mine happens to be packaging. Design meets craft what’s not to love! As such I am always on the look out for interesting packaging and have quite a picture file collected. But I do like to have the actual package if I can get it, so below are a few I have managed to get my hands on, and a couple of my own designs.

Firefly

I just love Firefly packaging the colours the shape, don’t they remind you of the old milk bottles?

GCRaw-juice-large

A new product Raw has lovely lines the way the curves run around the bottle just super!methodKid Method Kid I just love it not only a great product but sooo cute and they even come with a scratch and sniff sticker!

 

Morrocan pos copy

This was an assignment from last year, packaging for takeaway food. My box was designed for storage in mind, it’s perforated half way down so when you can’t eat it all you just rip off the top half and place the lid back on to store in the fridge!

Hapicat package copy

This was designed for a competition and assignment but I didn’t bother to enter we had some issues with being so remote, never mind next year. This is a repackaging design for 1 kilo of dry pet food. It is similar to a washing powder box with a re-closable lid and comes with a portion control scoop.

So, is this unewesyewl enough? Hope you think so.

Till next week…

8 comments:

Cath from chunkychooky said...

I love good packaging too... graphic designers do often have haords of good stuff like this...

Mandy said...

Cream inside & out is unusual isn't it? Don't think I have ever noticed it anywhere I have been.

I really like the Firefly packaging too. Never seen them before & I just love those colours. I am figuring they are juice.

Your Morroccan wrap is clever. & I love the Hapicat box. Very cute & the cat should be well happy with food as pretty as that!

midge said...

very cool packaging indeed. thanks for showing

The Back Shed said...

There is art in everything isn't there? Very interesting packaging!

marianedwardsdreamweaver said...

i love how the firefly bottles resemble milk bottles of yesteryear too..the graphics on all the packaging is super cool :)

Tracey said...

that was a very interesting read! Thank you. Refreshing. :D

Quilary said...

Noice - good designs really are just simple, elegant, eye-catching and unfussy. Love them all.

spectacularfairywren said...

love your digression - these are things that completely appeal to me to! Have you seen something called the 'dutchtub' - google it and I am sure you will love that too.