Sunday, November 15, 2009

Your Place and Mine…Through the Front Door

I have always loved the idea of the Shinto Gate, the crossing from the ordinary to the sacred. I absolutely believe that our homes are a sacred space for ourselves and those who choose to spend time within it’s walls. Home has always meant to me a place of refuge and comfort, where we are completely ourselves.

My home always seems to be a work in progress.

the front door 003 If you were to open my front door this is probably the first thing you would see at the moment…not very inspiring. I am in a state of flux at the moment and have been moving things around, this tends to be the place where things that haven’t found a permanent home come to await their fate. It also seems to be a very convenient place for family members (including myself) to dump things on their way to other places.

the front door 002 This little table was found somewhere (can’t quite remember where, hmmm?) and has served well as my hall table just inside the door. It holds the keys, spare change, sunglasses etc. etc. Hats live in the wire basket underneath and things to be donated to charity get piled in the corner in an attempt to remember them.

The banner I bought for myself last Christmas. Wisdom, something I pray for every day!

the front door 004These little circle of women I found in a gift store in Shepparton, Victoria. I absolutely fell in love with them as they reminded me of the close knit community of women in my life, supportive and united.

5 comments:

marianedwardsdreamweaver said...

what a handy little table..love that circle of women too!

The Back Shed said...

I think everyone's home is a work in progress. The little circle of women is lovely.

m.e (Cathie) said...

our home is definitely a work in progress!
nice looking through your front door & really like the women statue, such a great image of togetherness.

midge said...

i think this is a lovely post and i love the Shinto gate idea. so very true. your circle of women is fantastic

Shelley Trbuhovich said...

i am now on the look out for a circle of women, what a lovely thing.