Sunday, December 13, 2009

Your Place and Mine…Just Five Minutes Peace!

Even though I am away in Bendigo at the moment I still need that place to escape to for just a bit of peace and quiet ( you try living with four computer game obsessed children all playing individual games with there own sound effects and score…ahhh).

IMG_2245

So when I’m staying with my mum I escape to this beautiful deck where I can look out onto the garden,

IMG_2197

listen to the birds

IMG_2204

and the hum of bees,

IMG_2215

read a book and sip a coffee…bliss.

Pilgrim made the theme for this week's My Place and Yours. She's the THEME QUEEN! She's got a really beautiful blog, too. Pilgrim's theme for the week is 'Just Five Minutes Peace!'. She says...

where do you retreat to for that sanity-regaining break? i am interested in what or where in your home your sanctuary is...

Want to play along just visit Meet Me at Mikes, yeah do it!

Till next week…

8 comments:

Kate said...

Yep, I reckon being away from home with littlies you sometimes need time out more than when you are at home and everyone has their own stuff. Your place on the deck looks and sounds like a perfect sanctuary.
I just had a look back through some of your older entries and read your crochet being better than meditation post and have to say I agree. Crochet is definitely my sanctuary.

The Back Shed said...

It is hard when your not home to find a quiet spot, how lucky you are that your Mum has a place for you to escape!

Pilgrim Lee said...

oooh i think i'd need about a million minutes peace from gaming sound effects! lucky that deck is so beautiful :D

thanks for playing along with my theme this week!

Sara said...

a lovely tranquil spot to re-coup!

Redness said...

Beautiful spot and beautiful post, enjoy ;)

Vic said...

Beautiful photos, there is nothing like relaxing outside to restore balance & calm in the soul.

Lauren said...

oh gosh I felt better more relaxed just looking at those photos! what a beautiful place your mum has!

Robyn said...

That deck is so amazing. I had to look up where Bendigo is.