Friday, January 15, 2010

Illustration Friday-Confined

After having a little surf on the net the other day I came across an interview with Illustrator Penelope Dullaghan at Escape from Illustrator Island she is the creator of a Facebook group for those wanting to get their creative gear on called Illustration Friday

Penelope Dullaghan and Brianna Privett state ‘Illustration Friday is a weekly creative outlet/participatory art exhibit for illustrators and artists of all skill levels. It was designed to challenge participants creatively. We believe that every person has a little creative bone in their body. Illustration Friday just gives a no-pressure, fun excuse to use it. No clients looking for a particular thing. No one judging the outcome of the work. It's a chance to experiment and explore and play with visual art. So welcome, novices and pros alike.’

This weeks word is ‘Confined’

confined

This subject really appealed to me this week as it probably illustrates how I feel at the moment, I must admit though I’m not totally happy with the picture but I did have a monster headache at the time and not very much time to refine it. Not to worry as this is about practice, practice, practice…

While hunting around at Illustration Friday I came across a girl by the name of Kinnon Elliot love her work.

You know the thing about seeing all those talented people out there is on one hand I’m inspired and awed but on the other hand I kind of think ,“I’ll never be any good, never!!!!(Dramatic wail and throwing of pencils and brushes across the room)”
Then I calm down and it’s back to practice, practice,practice…

1 comment:

Kylie @ alittlereddress said...

I like this! I've always loved to draw and just recently decided I should give it a go again... yesterday I went out and bought myself a set of nice pencils, some black ink pens and a visual diary. I feel a bit of a dummy when it comes to art supplies though. What do you colour with?