Saturday, January 30, 2010

Illustration Friday - Focused

focus

This weeks theme is ‘Focused’ and as everyone knows there is nothing as focused as boys and dogs when it comes to food!

I’ve tried a slightly looser style this week with more line work I find I get a bit tight and hung up sometimes when I draw and it takes me a while to just let the flow happen. Sometimes its more successful if I just start to quickly scribble and then build up from there than try and keep it all perfect.

This kind of remind me of the meat pie TV ad…”Who’s been a good boy? Come on give us a bit!’

6 comments:

INDIGENE said...

Beautiful captured moment!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Now that's a picture he he he he! He is focused on getting some of that fallen ice cream. Great talent you have.

Coreopsis said...

I bet the dog is more focused than the boy--after all, the boy HAS the cone and is going to take his time in eating it. We all know what the dog would do, given the chance. Fun moment you captured here.

uditi said...

hahahaa.. focused! spot on! I love your take on this.

Cheryl said...

More than focused. Mesmurized (sp?). I see that look often on ours.

Susan said...

Really nice drawing - a scene I know all too well with three boys (one of them being a dog!). This is something I need to do more, submitt a looser drawing that's not complete, thanks for the reminder!