Sunday, January 31, 2010

What was I doing again? My Creative Space…

I don't know about anyone else but I have always found it hard to concentrate on one task or a repetitive task for an extended period of time. I rapidly become frustrated and bored with a creative project and need to switch them around. One week the sewing bug gets me then it will be crocheting, quilting or felting or whatever, I just seem to work obsessively at something until it’s done then I have to move on.

I can’t even begin to imagine working on a painting for years at a time like the old masters, the Sistine Chapel would have never been painted if it was left up to me! And lets face it I will never be any good at market stalls etc. as it requires lots and lots of multiple copies of things ( I feel a panic attack coming on).

Even at the moment I cant just concentrate on crocheting one IMG_2551 granny square blanket for the ‘Granny a Day’ group, no, I’m switching between two!IMG_2556 Even then I have to break it up with switching between colours or I start to get a bit squirrely!! Do I have ADHD or what?

It’s not like I’m totally flakey I have managed to stay married for 14 years and haven’t yet given my children away, and I still have my best friend from when I was 10 years old so obviously my problem doesn't extend to people, just to my creative life.

1 comment:

Angela Stewart said...

oh Kylie I know exactly what you're saying about finding it a problem sticking to one project at a time...I don't think I've ever edited an entire photoshoot in one go! Usually I do a few shots, then go play with something else until I feel inspired to go back to them!