Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Illustration Friday - Muddy

This weeks theme is muddy…hmmm?  I thought about it for a bit and decided that a Dryad would probably appreciate the mud, what do you think? 

I also wanted an excuse to draw something fantastical and practice my CG skills.  After an initial sketch I placed my line work into Photoshop and colourised it.

dryad-muddy copy

I really wish I could get the skin tones right I’m still not quite sure what I’m doing half the time. Must do some tutorials…

Oh a quick question, I’d like to know how much time do you set for an illustration? I have been trying to be a bit economical with my time and try to get these exercises done in one afternoon or evening, I could spend a lot more time on them but I’m trying to see how finished a piece I can produce if I was pushing a deadline.

No comments: