Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Your Place and Mine - A Revelation

I was going to play Punky and Me’s meme this week but it was about my kitchen, you know, what’s your favourite thing. Well, I couldn’t do it because really there is nothing I particularly like about my kitchen! (I have since decided to play anyway maybe I’ll get some inspiration)

It actually came as a surprise, because we were the ones who put the dang thing in. Analysing it I initially thought that it’s probably that I don’t like cooking (I know, don’t gasp. I’m actually a good cook too but I don’t like it!), and that it always needs cleaning and the bench tops are a pain to keep looking good etc etc. But now that I think about it I think what bugs me about it is that it is new! There are no odd bits or strange arrangements or interesting features it’s kind of bland. So I am setting myself yet another project to spice it up a bit. No more meat and potatoes I want curry!

I’m thinking colour. I’m thinking a butchers rack with interesting hooks and chunky brackets. I’m thinking interesting rustic shelves. Yep I’m thinking!

So in the process of thinking I went shopping….op shopping.

 

IMG_2619 

These chairs I found at our local rubbish tip recovery yard, ugly I know but I have a plan so stay tuned.  Next I found this home made shelf of some kind which is a bit dodgy but I also have a plan, I promise I’ll share soon. Oh and behind the shelf thingy is a clothes horse I found at the op shop, my old one died last winter so this is very handy, all this for next to nix.

IMG_2618

I’m actually starting to feel excited about my kitchen now.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I hope you show us before and after pics. All your enthusiasm makes me feel like getting out a tin of paint or something!!!!

Barrie and Moana said...

If you need a pot rack theres a few in a merbein second hand shop, a wood and metal grid hanging one for $25 and an all wood one for about $90

xx
m