Monday, March 15, 2010

Illustration Friday – Subterranean

subterrainian copy

This weeks Illustration Friday theme is subterranean.

Just imagine if you had a secret tunnel under your house, I wonder what you would find down there?

Living in Australia most houses are one level with no basement or attic, maybe it comes from having so much room here and a relatively small population. Anyhow, I have always dreamed of having one of those houses with either or both an attic or basement sooo cool!  The closest I came to a basement was an old cellar in the outside laundry of a house I lived in briefly as a child, I was brave enough to venture down it once but it was way to spiderwebby and spooky.

On a more technical note, I am persisting with practicing my Photoshop skills but I still find it very limiting and stiff just like learning to draw all over again, thank goodness for Ctrl Z! This is a different style yet again I don’t know if I will ever find a consistent voice?!?!

3 comments:

happychinchilla said...

Adorable. I would love to live in one of those houses.

Rachel said...

Nice line work! I like the concept.

FHNavarro said...

Great idea!! I like this!!

Cheers!!