Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Your Place and Mine - Pink

Your Place and Mine has had another change of address and is now being hosted by Hellowl, she says…

“This weeks theme is PINK. I'm a mother of girls. So for me..it's kind of a package deal. But for you. How does pink fit into your life? Do you love it or hate it? I'd love to hear your side of the story..
Show me something pink in your home and for some reason there's is no pink in your house..don't be afraid to step outside and search for it.”

I’m actually a red girl but I certainly was a pink girl when I was younger. I guess red is just pink on the wild side. So how does pink fit into my life? Well there’s my bedroom wall for a start although it’s a strange kind of pink cause some days it kind of goes, ‘I’m feeling more orange today, so how’s them apples?’ or on other days it can be quite dark and moody, I think I have a wall with attitude!

pink 001

These are a few of my fav’s my nearly falling apart blouse on the left that always makes me feel pretty, the scarf I instructed my family to get me (with minute details of were and what colour) for mothers day one year, and a crocheted beanie that I spied in Jaquie E one year and refused to by for too much money so went home and made it myself!

pink 005

I tried swathing my small girl child in pink up until she could talk and inform me that she hates pink, dresses and being neat or clean! Oh well.

4 comments:

Jackie said...

I can cope with pink when it is more on the vintage side like yours. I too have a daughter who didn't like pink or dresses when she was a littlie. Now she is all grown up nothing has changed!

marianedwardsdreamweaver said...

i love that sweet crocheted bunting at the head of your bed :)

Susan L (lily40au) said...

looking at your room has reminded me my daughter has started painting her room in pink! oh well. PS your room looks lovely with the lamp shining on it.

Bea said...

I love that your wall has an attitude.