Monday, April 19, 2010

Illustration Friday - Detective

detective

This weeks theme is ‘Detective’. I must admit I am a bit partial to the Murder Mystery genre. However my particular favourites are the ABC variety such as Agatha Christie, Jonathan Creek (my daughters fave), Midsomer Murders etc. little less gruesome and a little more cerebral than the American variety also quite good for a laugh, can’t take it too seriously.

I also used to love reading the Trixie Belden, Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew books when I was young and try to keep an eye out at the op shop for them when they pop up. I have now got my daughter hooked and she is reading Nancy Drew “The Mystery of the Clock”.

5 comments:

June said...

Very nice illustration.

PS
(Your Illustration friday link has too many http:// parts in it, so it doesn't work. Try adding it again so that others can get to see your image.)

Tony LaRocca said...

She seems to be meditating on the investigation. Hopefully, it's the case of the peeping tom!

Debbie Clandening said...

I love this illustration.The little home sweet ome sign is so cute.Beautiful green scarf.Nancy drew was the best

Jack Foster said...

My sister always had a Nancy Drew book in her hand or at her bedside as we were growing up. I was a Hardy boys guy. Great illustration Kylie. Brings back great memories with your retro style.

nancy said...

ooh, love the treasure map! :D Yeah, the retro is nice :)