1. Since I was sixteen I have been fascinated by all things Chinese.
2. When I was 20 I climbed a mountain in Fiji and became very dehydrated but was helped by a local who climbed a coconut tree and gave me a green coconut to eat and drink, green coconut juice is fizzy!
3. I don’t like ice cream
4. The first thing I can remember drawing was a cat and also I can remember my dad teaching me to draw a boat when I was about four.
5.I used to own a 22 rifle (thanks to my dads heritage) and I have shot it but never at anything alive, I love animals.
6. I used to have some unusual pets when I was a kid including a Kangaroo (which we hand raised from a Joey then gave to a fauna park when she grew up), an Echidna which burrowed its way under the back fence and went back to the bush, various lizards, goats and even a scorpion. Then there are the usual domestics too numerous to mention.
7. I still keep in touch with my first friend ever who lived opposite my Grandparents house and we sang at the Old Folks Home when we were about four except I got scared and ran away.
8. My besty when I was 10 is still my besty today and at my 12th birthday party we took off in our nighties wearing rollerskates and mash hats to go spy on the cute guy around the corner…we were so in trouble.
9. I met my husband when I was 11 (obviously didn’t know he was going to be my husband then, skinny little red head).
10. When I was a student nurse and working in labour ward I delivered a still born baby, very sad and a bit of a surprise for me as nobody told me what was happening and she delivered when everyone else was out of the room and I was the only one there.