Tuesday, May 25, 2010

IF - Early

Early copy

I have always loved pictures that tell a story, and I love symbolism. This week’s Illustration Friday theme is ‘early’, it took me a while to think of something I wanted to draw but soon this little song started to float around my head.

Early one morning, just as the sun was rising
I heard a maid sing in the valley below
"Oh don't deceive me, Oh never leave me,
How could you use, a poor maiden so?"

So I have added a few little bits of symbolism to the poor girls tale, the weeping willow and the snake of deception.

Painted in water colour then Photoshopped. Aprox 3 1/2 hrs

4 comments:

ifmorningsbeganatnoon said...

so beautiful! the design detail and colours are so nice =)

lisa stubbs said...

wonderful! I love narrative paintings too, your's is brilliant!

Krista said...

So lovely!! And so fast! (And your drummer is wonderful, too!)

Rue Design said...

Beautiful style.