Thursday, May 27, 2010

My Creative Space

Things have been ultra hectic around here over the past few weeks and I have another week to go of late nights and thinking hard, it’s assignment /project completion time and my brain is set to explode.

But while visiting a friend at Redcliffs I found these little jars at the local op shop I got the lot for $2.  I have been looking around for ages for some easy pull-off- lid type canisters, in the attempt to encourage lids being put back on.
Note to self, making it easy for them won’t make them actually do it! 
Oh well, they are very cute.

IMG_2955

It Is Finished….Finally!

The granny a day blanket is complete, but you know what, I didn’t really do a granny a day it was more like ten grannies a day then no grannys for a heap of days etc.

IMG_2952

A New Addition

More baby additions to the friendship circle and a little something to say ‘Hellowl’!

IMG_2960

GIVEAWAY!!!!!

Now for all you groovy knitters out there I have a give away.

While cleaning out various cupboards the other day a friend of mine found and gave me a heap of crafty type books/magazines etc. Amongst them I found some incredible vintage knitting patterns circa 60’s. I do not knit other than very basic stuff so I would like these to go to a good home.

 

img117 img116

I will post some more of the groovy gear in here in the next day or so, just so you know what your getting.

So if your keen, leave a comment and I will draw the winners in two weeks. A little handmade surprise just might be included too.

15 comments:

Kirsty said...

Your granny looks marvellous. Job very well done.

Lauren said...

Beautiful cannisters and gorgeous granny. I like the owl too. Lovely space.

LeelaBijou said...

The granny blanket is gorgeous!

Chicken Willow said...

The granny blanket looks wonderful!

midge said...

love the granny, mine is patiently waiting for the last row to be done.i really love your little owl. so cute

Little Cooties said...

My granny made a crochet blanket very similar to the one you finished, she made it with my auntie, and now, it is a treasured item, that sits over the back of my moms couch. Every time I see it, I think of my gran :) Nice to see that you have made one too. I hope it keeps you snug

GemmaJoy said...

Love your blanket!!

dash robin said...

I am kinda crap at knitting. Trying to learn. But my sister in law is amazing, so I am entering here for her, if I do happen to win it for her hopefully she will be so thankful she might just knit me something...kind of altruistic in a selfish way??
I love your granny blanket too.

KIM said...

awwwww the little owl is so so adorable!


KIM

Mira Narnie said...

I love love love your granny square blanket and I totally agree with the 10 grannies, then no grannies (that's me too) I hope my blanket looks that good when i'm finished. i love your colours - so bold. Can I ask how many squares you made??

Knicky Knacks said...

Alas I do not knit or crochet but I love your granny blanket and I can imagine it keeping you nice and toasty during the impending chilly months.

Rosalind said...

Nice job!

nicole said...

congratulations on finishing your grannie!
it looks great!
and that owl is the cutest, is it a door knocker?

ecoMILF said...

Your granny blanket is so gorgeous. I have one over my lap right now from the thrift shop- you can never have enough! xx

Susan L (lily40au) said...

I would love the knitting patterns to add to my stash. every friday i put up a vintage knitting pattern and I would love to add these. pop over to my blog and check them out. there'll be a new one up tomorrow.

PS well done with getting the blanket done. it's a great achievement and just in time for the cold weather.

My Creative Space