Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Support the children of war

This guy is brilliant and his new album “Children of War” is being launched this Saturday so if you can get there do it! Details below.

Levi2010_home

Greetings from levimcgrath.com!

Hey There!

I've got some extremely exciting news to share with you!

In about a weeks time I'm packing my suitcase, throwing my guitar into the boot and hitting the road on a Small House Records organised, six month, 100 gig National Tour sponsored by World Vision. But before I head off I've got something very special to celebrate with you!

'CHILDREN OF WAR' ALBUM LAUNCH - This Saturday!!!
My brand new album 'Children of War' has now been officially released and I'll be launching it on Saturday at Melbourne's 'Vibe on Smith' Cafe/Bar in Fitzroy (May 29).

ChildrenOFWar

It's going to be a very African flavoured night! Come May 29th I'll be busily decorating the insides of 'Vibe on Smith' with an assortment of woven baskets, colourful wall hangings and African drums. I'll be performing for the first time a giant set of fresh new songs and sharing the painful (and hopeful) stories inspired by the incredible people I met while working  with former child soldiers in Uganda last year.

World Vision will also be a part of the event and I'll be speaking about their Child Rescue program, which helps to rescue children from child labour, armed conflict and sexual slavery around the world.

Joining me on stage will be the talented Andrew Horneman on drums and percussion - he may even bust out the coveted 'Goat Shaker' I bought for him in a Ugandan market! I'll also be supported on the night by one of my favourite Australian singer/songwriters, John Flanagan, who'll play a set of his exquisite folk/country songs from 7:30pm. 

Here's the details to write down!

Saturday, May 29, 7pm
'Children of War' Album Launch 
@ Vibe on Smith 123 Smith St. Fitzroy, VIC
w' special guest John Flanagan
$10 on the door

If you haven't heard about the new album yet, check out the news item published this week by Alive Magazine: http://www.alivemagazine.com.au/article.php?z=7&a=752

1 comment:

Rosalind said...

We had Levi at our church a year or two ago! He was great. Fantastic cause too! I usually join in on MCS but have just had a baby and have had NO time for creating... just catching up on today's posts!!