Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap

postcard swap blog 

http://aspecialjourneyofmyown.blogspot.com/

This is my first swap, and though I haven’t yet received my partners name yet I have finished my postcard. Eager beaver much?

Create a lovely postcard using anything you want including a bit of sewing or hand stitching, with the theme 'TIME'.  Use images, words, any kind of media.  Go crazy!  You have three weeks to do this from the sign-up deadline, so by Wednesday June 23.

MELEGROS POSTCARD

Time is something that always seems to be in short supply these days. Sometimes I so wish to go back to a time when life revolved around the natural rhythms of nature. There was going to bed with the sun and getting up with the sun, the gentle progression of season into season it all seems so much more sensible.

While the time theme is addressed with the quote “the bird of time has not far to fly, and the bird is on the wing’.
I also wanted to visit the idea of Milagros, or ‘little wishes’ I want to give the one who receives my postcard.

I have included;
Flowers - for renewal, growth and promise
A key and key hole – for unlocking potential
Birds – for exploration and then home coming
Angels – for guidance and protection
A star - for enlightenment

The quote on time then reminds us to use our time wisely and that today is what matters, many ‘todays’ are what makes a lifetime.

1 comment:

m.e (Cathie) said...

that is really nice!
you have put alot of thought into it and it all comes together beautifully.