Friday, June 11, 2010

My Creative space

 

stones_balance_02 

image   http://www.wackyarchives.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/stones_balance_02.jpg

My creative space this week is all about bringing order and balance back into my life.

I don’t know if it’s about turning forty soon, the end of my Uni course or Winter  but I find myself doing a lot of introspection and taking stock of where I’ve been and where I’m heading in life. Looking back on the last twenty years of adulthood  what I have achieved and what I have discovered about life in general and myself in particular. I completed my Diploma of General Nursing, a Diploma of Graphic Design and almost completed a Degree in Graphic Design, I married a wonderful man and we built  a wonderful family, I have built lasting friendships and helped with community projects.
However, my greatest achievement has been the wonderful children I have been blessed with and seeing them grow into the individual little persons they are with all their quirks and individuality. Being a full time stay at home  mum has been a rewarding, heartbreaking, frustrating, unmissable experience  that has grown me in a myriad of ways.

Now after a very busy four years of following my dream of having a career in art and design I must admit that life has become a little unbalanced. So many things have been let slide in the madness of lectures and assignments and I feel that as patient and understanding my family has been that I need to get back to a balanced life for their sakes as well as my own.

Trying to actually achieve this balance sometimes looks as impossible as the image of the rocks above. How do you grow a career, look after your families needs, keep the house from falling into ruin and still find time for friends, an exercise routine and eating healthily let alone my hobbies, I can honestly say I have been failing miserably on about 3/4 of this list since I started at Uni!

But now is the time. I am having to do some serious readjustments and start to bring order back to my life because I know that this also affects my creative life as well.
So…I guess I just need to begin.

1 comment:

lisa stubbs said...

hope you achieve order and balance:) you've done fab to fit everything in so far!