Sunday, June 27, 2010

Of stones and Trees…

It is very early on a Sunday morning and I am about to pack my car with bags and kids, (but not my husband unfortunately), and head off on a four our trip to my mums in Bendigo.
I have packed painting and drawing things, crochet and knitting things, some books and my camera woo hoo! I will be visiting  friends, going to galleries and generally having a blast.

thomas_kinkade_61
Thomas Kinkade

But before I go I was thinking about one of my favourite quotes to remind me to just take some time to listen!

Stones and trees speak slowly
and may take a week
to get out a single sentence,
and there are few men,
unfortunately, with the
patience to wait for
an oak to finish a thought.

~Garrison Keillor

I really need more than anything  time to just ‘be’ after all we were created human beings not human doings.

2 comments:

Knicky Knacks said...

Love your quote, and love your intent to just 'be'. I strive for that most days but its hard to do in such a hectic life. Holiday's are the best way to slow down and inhale life slowly. Enjoy your holiday and hope you get plenty of leisurely rest.

Fourth Daughter said...

What a sweet picture.. and sounds like a lovely few days away. I always like what you have to say and you choose such beautiful images to go with the words!