Thursday, July 15, 2010

I have something to tell…

While in Bendigo on holidays recently I went into Provincial for a dose of all things Frenchified and lovely and most things in there are just not on my super saver list so it’s drool only, but I did spy these gorgeous blue glazed handles and as my cupboard was missing handles and they were only $3.95 each I was all over them like flies on a picnic….speaking of picnic…

IMG_3211 IMG_3214

…how’s that for a segue?  I am currently illustrating a piece on the theme picnic for a new group We Love to Illustrate and I have a month to do it YAY, it’s kind of nice to take my time and add lots of detail.

IMG_3219

You cant really see this very clearly as it’s just my pencil rough before I start to paint.

IMG_3217 

Oh and by the way that is also my new easel that my lovely mummy bought me for my birthday.
Shhh it’s a bit of a secret but it’s my Fortieth (Yikes!!) birthday this Saturday, It’s kind of weird but I thought by the time I was Forty I would feel like a grown up but ya know I really don’t. Oh, and a heads up, for my birthday I would like to give away a present so keep a look out on Saturday (OK realistically maybe Sunday morning) for my giveaway!

5 comments:

Little Ted Canvas said...

Love your decorative handles & your illustrations are amazing. Thanks for popping over...

nerines said...

Hi Kylie,
Happy birthday for saturday if I don't speak to you before then. Haven't you a lovely mummy! I couldn't remember if I left a comment here or not but I thought I would let you know I paid a visit to We Love To Illustrate. Sounds fun, I would love to give it a go. I haven't drawn anything proper for a while though...
Love the look of the piece your working on, I'll look forward to seeing it when it's complete:)

Mira Narnie said...

love love love those handles!!

palex said...

Well, your lovely Mummy came into my workplace today for a meeting !!
I love 'Provincial' too. I bought a wire duck now standing guard at my front door.
Love your drawings,sadly I have no artistic talent !!

midge said...

love provincial, love the handles, love your illustration and can't wait to see it done. happy birthday, don't worry about growing up just yet. i turn 52 next week and i'm not in any hurry to grow up