Thursday, September 16, 2010

IF - Proverb

Love what you do_Banner

OK. This weeks theme for Illustration Friday theme is ‘Proverb’. I wasn’t going to do anything this week but I realised that something I have been working on for my graduation banner actually fits the bill.

This is the proverb I try to live by, ‘Love what you do, do what you love’. After working in many crappy jobs that were never what I loved I really appreciate  the past four years doing my Graphic Design degree and now working in my industry.

My only problem at the moment is that my creative mojo seems to have decided to take a vacation just before the final push towards graduation. Only three assignments left and do you think I can come up with anything good? That would be a big fat NO!!!! Everything I do just looks like crappity crap crap to me at the moment. Even the above banner I’m not sure of. It’s supposed to represent me as an artist (no pressure), and it’s going to be printed 1250mmx800 that’s HUGE so if it’s crap it’s going to be BIG crap….ahhhhhh *sigh*

If anyone has feedback to help it will be gratefully received^_^

5 comments:

ginahief said...

Such a true proverb and a nicely done illustration!

Good work!

Maxabella said...

Well I just LOVE it, so I don't know what you're fussing about. Feedback for what it's worth (because it's lovely just the way it is but I want to help you get there): I would make different is I'd make the "do" in "do what you love" smaller. I think the two "loves" should be the only big copy.

And have you tried splicing a bit of orange through the green hair and green through the orange.

That is all. You're almost there. Trust and believe in yourself as you stretch towards the finish line. x

dosankodebbie said...

Ohhhh! Good job. Love what you did with the words.

spindelmaker said...

Well I certainly love what you do, so I hope do what you love :-)

lisa stubbs said...

It's never crapity crap crap! I love this!