Monday, October 18, 2010

Just slow down

A little bird told me_2

Pen and ink on brown paper 2010

The house is finally quiet, the kids have gone to school, my husband is still sleeping (night shift worker) and here I am sitting at my kitchen table in the quiet of the morning.

Then as I start to make a list of what needs doing around the house, (with a growing sense of panic), it suddenly occurred to me that it isn’t necessary, or smart, to try and catch up on the neglected tasks of the last four years in one day.

One day at a time, one hour at a time, slow it all down and enjoy the empty spaces, appreciate this moment of quiet. Just take a breath and relax.

Then looking at the calendar I notice that in 12 days time it will be my one year blogging birthday, wow, a whole year! To celebrate I want to give something away so in a couple of days I will put a little somethin’ together and will post more about it soon.

No comments: