Friday, December 10, 2010

The Christmas rush…

hidden_treasures

*Just a note that I’m being totally slack in acknowledging image sources (ie. not one of mine above, just like it) at the moment, no time, oh well, sorry!

Last night was the final event in the school year, speech night. Here we acknowledge the achievements of both students and teachers. So now there are no early morning lunch making and dashes to the bus, no more searching for that pesky school uniform item or homework that needs to be found. *Sigh of relief*

Our sch00l ranges from the tiny little Preps (5-6 yrs) to the gangly Year 10’s (15-16), what a difference! Time seems to buzz by so fast, one minute your wiping noses and the next your handing over car keys.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like screaming for everything to just SLOW DOWN PLEASE. In fact it was a quote in the outgoing School Captains speech that really stopped and made me think for a moment.

“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift. That’s why it’s called the present, savour the present.”

How true! This time of year seems to be all about presents, as we crazily search for that perfect gift. But I feel more and more the need to savour the present, to give of my time, to focus and be fully engaged with the people around me instead of constantly thinking minutes, days or weeks in advance.

I’m not much into New Year’s resolutions, but I do want to strive to keep my eyes on today and leave tomorrows sorrows or joys whatever they may be for the future today’s. I don’t want to miss what’s going on right in front of my eye’s now, today.

No comments: