Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Beginnings

New Beginnings

Pencil and ink with digital collage.
Giclee print on archival paper

I created this print for my mum and two best friends for Christmas this year.
I found this quote and it just seemed appropriate for everybody. Life is full of endings but with every ending there is a beginning. Heading towards the New Year I can’t help looking back on the mixed bag that was 2010. University has ended for me and a career has begun, one child has ended his high school years one her primary and they each will begin a new chapter. There has been heartache and there has been laughter, we have had to say goodbye to people and pets we love but have made new friends along the way.
I’m not trying to look too far into the future, life can change with the blink of an eye, but I look forward to the year ahead and trust that everything that comes my way has a purpose and that I will meet each new thing and use it to grow into more of myself. Only time will tell what new beginnings are waiting but it’s kind of exciting thinking about the possibilities.
Happy New Year everybody and may yours be filled with peaceful and blessed endings and beginnings!

5 comments:

BOB & MABEL said...

I love that quote and your artwork is gorgeous!

midge said...

love the sentiment of your new year reflection. great post

Ana said...

love the collage and quote.
Have a happy new year too :)

Amalia K said...

Hi Kylie! Such a beautiful and sentimental little lady! I especially love the sweet details and colors combined.

Glad you had a rich and satisfying year, here's wishing you many more successes in the next one! ox

Pip Pip Hooray said...

and what a gorgeous print it is!
Looking forward to your future posts.
Your new follower - Pip :)