Friday, January 21, 2011

A Caravan of Dreams

Guess what? I am crushing on these caravans big time at the moment. They are just a whole bunch of cute quaintness don’t you think?
As it so happens I have a little caravan in my back yard circa 1969-70 and it has up until now been the “man cave” of my oldest boy. Now that he’s flown the nest I am hatching a plan to convert it into my sewing/drawing/crocheting/crafting retreat. Stay tuned for pics as I transform a bit of an ugly duckling into a swan…well, maybe a sparrow?

No-chintz-caravan 
The Crafty Minx

cute caravan 2
Snailtrail

cute caravan
Her Library Adventures - Sophie Isobel Designs via Country Style

malvern autumn show 08 017
Prettyshabby

Oh and while I’m on favourite things at the moment this would have to be my ‘favouritist’ Etsy shop at the moment Sweet Bestiary. Unfortunately this lovely broach is sold so I will just have to admire from afar unless of course I could make one…

fox broach

6 comments:

Angela Stewart said...

oooh, I love love love those caravans...how completely gorgeous!!!!

Rachele from The Nearsighted Owl said...

Those are some wonderful ideas! We have a cute caravan in Portland that is a vintage clothing store - http://wanderlustmobileshop.com/

Zinnia Pea said...

Fabulous - I love old caravans! We used to have one in our backyard as a play room. I would love to have one as a sewing room. xo

Jessica said...

I'm so jealous, i dream of having a little caravan of my own. somewhere to escape to.

Fourth Daughter said...

I'm envious too... it would be so sweet as a little creative retreat! Did you see the article in Peppermint about the girl in Queensland who has a caravan that she uses as a shop to sell vintage stuff from?? Definitely put some pics of your one up!! I'm also liking the idea of teepees at the moment after I saw one in an interior catalogue...

RC Reese said...

wonderful fun photos! very cool little creative place to play in! Love your blog! ;0D