Friday, January 28, 2011

Go Slow

It’s a go slow week this week. I just can’t seem to make myself do anything much. I potter and I wander and I potter a bit more and not much is accomplished. I’m pretty sure it has a lot to do with the HEAT…OH THE FREAKIN’ HEAT….I really don’t cope with summer very well, can you tell! I have two illustrations floating around in my head at the moment but their not quite ready to get onto the paper yet.

I have managed to pick (and eat) the rapidly ripening nectarines and plums in the backyard, yummy.

January 28th 2011 002

January 28th 2011 001

I also have been watching lots of rubbish TV while crocheting these granny squares for the Crochet a Rainbow Project over at Sarah London. The lovely Sarah has asked for donations of granny squares she says;

“I’d like to inject some sunshine and colour into the lives of those affected by the floods as they begin to re-build and start over.

I’m asking for donations of granny squares which I will then make up into blankets to be distributed to those affected throughout Queensland and Victoria, providing comfort and colour and as a reminder that there is always a rainbow after a storm.”

crochetarainbow 

 

I’ve also shown Savannah how to crochet a square too.

January 28th 2011 003

So I guess I’ve done some things this week, but I just don’t know if I want to get all busy again just yet, it’s kinda nice just to go slow. Here’s to a slow weekend.

xx

1 comment:

Ulla said...

Your colours are lovely! Make me want to buy some more yarn and crochet more granny squares for the rainbow blankets.