Thursday, January 20, 2011

My Creative Space – I’m chuffed

Well this has never happened to me before, and I’m feeling the warm glow of appreciation! “What?” you ask. Well I was mooching around the shops the other day when I was asked by one of the young shop assistants at Cotton On where I go my bag to which I replied that I had made it. Bag material 002Wide eyed the girl then requested I make one for her. I was a little stunned but said OK but I would have to see if I could find same or similar fabric as I had made the bag 2 years ago.

Trip to spotlight and a look through sadly limited stock I came up with this combo which she likes so some sewing is in the pipeline.

Bag material 004

Luckily the main outer fabric was still there and not only that but in the chuck out bin for only 4 dollars a metre and it’s 140cm wide (WooHoo!). The lattice and flower print will be the lining and the material on the top here will be the pocket.

I really love this bag, it washes really well (and if you have kids you know how important that is) and I was able to make it to fit me (being of the larger variety) so I can wear it comfortably across my body messenger style. I want to make a red toned one next for myself, I must admit to a bit of a bag habit, oh well could be worse.

5 comments:

The Clip Cafe said...

Wow how cool! I love the look of the bag. Nice fabrics for the new one. I want to try a bag some day when i can sew better :-)

Wendy said...

Good for you! It's a lovely bag, and I'm a total bag junkie so I'm in a position to judge!

Naturally Carol said...

I love the new fabric you're going to use for the outside. I am gathering the courage to make a bag this year sometime...I just get the feeling they're difficult and I may not be ready for difficult...I have overcome 'buttonholes' in the last two days though!!

Maxabella said...

Lucky her! She has very good taste, coveting a Kylie original. x

sarah said...

Wow- what a compliment. Well deserved too, your bag is awesome!