Tuesday, March 1, 2011

First day of Autumn

Eye See youPS

I think Autumn is my favourite time of year. Everything seems to start to slow down and prepare itself for getting cosy and sleepy and turning inwards and retreating .

The trees start to turn and there is a slight chill in the air and you start thinking of hats and scarves and winter fires and hot chocolate and warm doonas. The colours are muted and earthy and you want to take deep breaths and wear slippers. It gets darker sooner, the evenings and mornings are cool with pleasantly warm afternoons and you just want to smile quietly to yourself and be happy.

2 comments:

Maxabella said...

I'm lapping up all the lovely Autumn posts today. I am mad for any changing season, so I'm happy. x

lisa stubbs said...

gorgeous illustration, love the colours:)