Sunday, February 27, 2011

Well I’ll be…

Who would have thought but Miss Four is right! Eagles do eat backpackers!

uLizv image here

eagle_attack_Good_reasons_why_you_shouldnt_mess_with_nature-s333x500-37730-580image here

Things are a bit quiet in my blog world at the moment, not reading or posting much.

It’s been a hard couple of weeks for so many reasons but the one thing uppermost in my mind at the moment is a situation with my youngest at school. Master 9 is Dyslexic therefore school can be a struggle at the best of times but as an added ‘bonus’ there has been some bullying issues this year which have caused no end of  anguish, this is not the first time either. M9 is no angel and he tends to erupt when his sense of justice/injustice is ruffled and that never goes down well in a school situation. Unfortunately it got to the point this week that he felt he needed to run away from school and come home *sigh* What do you do?

I am reading non stop on raising boys, anger management, bullying and anything else I can get my hands on, I have been praying like mad and have been working/talking with teachers and councillors all week. It really worry’s me that he’s in grade four and is still struggling with reading but there is so much other stuff going on this has gone on a back burner and he is getting further behind. I have been considering moving schools or even homeschooling for a short period of time but ideally I would like to be able to work it out at school.

Oh dear, sometimes being a parent is no fun at all and it doesn't help when a few comments thrown in here and there by ‘helpful’ people seem to make you feel like either you have failed your child miserably or that your child is damaged goods.

Let me tell you, I will come out fighting on his behalf ,and as he has begun his life as one of my bodily organs and I have seen both his amazing and frustrating personality traits from birth to this day I kind of think I might have a little insight. I make no apology of defending my kid (as I think all mum’s are prone to do), if I don’t do it who will?  Ooo sounding kind of feisty no?

OK, ok back in your cage mumma tiger your cubs gonna be alright!

1 comment:

BOB & MABEL said...

You keep fighting for your little guy. With a Mum that cares as much as you I'm sure things will start to pick up. My thoughts are with you and your family, good luck.