Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My Crative Space…and then suddenly…

STOOOOOPID COMPOOOOTER AHHHHHHHH!
There I was happily drawing the below print (which accurately reflects just about everything in my life at the moment) and then the computer decides it wants to mock me. For no apparent reason the font below will NOT be changed or selected  and the yellow version below would NOT insert onto this blog page but could only be dragged and dropped….WHY????  The pears are everywhere!!!!

Print

I was actually quite happy with how this turned out. I was experimenting with adding drawn elements to vector artwork I really wanted to capture the frazzled hair with a sketchy effect. I scanned my original sketch, cut it out in Photoshop and then put a colour overlay on top then placed it into my Illustrator file. It worked yay!

Pear shaped yellow

1 comment:

Zinnia Pea said...

It's awful when computers just won't cooperate isn't it. I adore the illustration though - it's gorgeous!