Tuesday, May 24, 2011

IF - Soaked

Soaked copy

I can’t believe how long it has been since I have done anything for Illustration Friday. I just seem to be so flat out these days, every week I get the prompt word and in my mind ideas sprout and I even get some rough sketches down but that’s as far as it goes. So frustrating!

I’ve been experimenting a bit trying to find a digital effect that looks like a screen print. I still feel a bit frustrated trying to find a technique that is similar to my drawing style, even though I have a Wacom, I still feel all thumbs and can’t seem to get the sketch effect that I’m after. I feel more comfortable in Illustrator but I would really like to master Photoshop. I wish I knew someone locally that could give me some tips I really don’t think there is anyone here that uses PS for illustration. I’m trying to do lots of online tutorials I’ve just discovered www.lynda.com and then, like always,  it’s just practice, practice, practise.

No comments: