Tuesday, October 25, 2011

In my garden

My creative energies have been flowing towards the garden of late. Since moving here to Mildura the garden hasn’t really been a priority and with the drought planting was just too difficult. But since the breaking of the drought a new surge to grow things has come upon me.

IMG_4200

IMG_4201

Mr Gnome (Mothers Day 2010, thanks Lachi!) has found a lovely home amongst the violas.

IMG_4199

The transplanted roses are blooming better than they have in years. You can’t see very well here but my rubbish tip salvaged iron garden seats ($5!!!!) have found a home out here too and I am in the process of replacing the wooden slats. They had been painted a ‘lovely’ bright blue with some brown thrown in, hmmm.

IMG_4196  IMG_4195

Getting creative with our old post box stand and an old bird feeder. Bit of matt black spray and a citronella candle to keep the mozzies at bay. Have yet to find a permanent home for it I have another project regarding this in mind, stay tuned.

My day’s tend to run with getting up at 6:30 and going for a walk with the dog (and getting a good dose of garden perving around the neighbourhood) then watering the garden before getting the kiddo’s out of bed and getting ready for school and off to work. Nice. 

No comments: