Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Creative cave…

One of my long term goals this year is to finish off my little caravan that I have been turning into my creative space. There has been some progression over the holidays such as…

projects jan 2012 001

…cupboards (my old kitchen ones with a makeshift bench top)…

projects jan 2012 009

…and some new curtains to cover up the messy cupboards. Not quite as pretty as I want it to be yet but we’re getting there.

Now all I need to do is get some electrical work done so I have light and no longer either swelter or freeze and some new floor coverings, YAY!

Now that my space is a little more inviting I have been finishing off heaps of things that have been languishing in piles for millennia. Lots of boring things like taking up jeans and mending but also things like…

projects jan 2012 005

…these ‘I don’t know what’s’ found at the op shop (not sure what their purpose was, not the right size for napkins, too small for tea towels, lovely linen though…hmmm), that are fast becoming these…

projects jan 2012 006

…cheery little aussie wild flower cushions, yay for pom poms! Little bit tricky sewing them but I’m learning.

1 comment:

Tania said...

Hi Kylie, this is my first visit to your blog. I love your creativity caravan - so much fun! I would dearly love to have a space for my creativity, instead of my second bedroom (in a 2 bedroom home) being a guest/sewing/computer/crafting room! I am looking forward to exploring more of your blog.